If dealing with auto grease can be challenging, cleaning them is on a different level. Since grease and oil are more stubborn than other stains, you need an expert to remove them.
So which is the best laundry detergent for grease and oil stains? If you are a mechanic looking for laundry detergents to make your cleaning task effortless, you have landed on the right page. We have picked five of the best detergents for oilfield clothes that will help you remove oil and grease stains without breaking a sweat.
Persil ProClean Liquid Laundry Detergent will undoubtedly be my top recommendation and probably the best detergent for oilfield clothes.
Here are the 5 best detergents for oilfields clothes, along with their effectiveness
|Effectiveness on Greasy/Oil Stains
|Persil ProClean Liquid Laundry Detergent
|Excellent stain and odor removal
|Permatex Grease X Mechanic’s Laundry Detergent
|Removes grease and oil stains with ease
|Arm & Hammer HE Liquid Laundry Detergent
|Excellent stain removal
|Tide Hygienic Clean Heavy 10x Duty Power PODS
|Laundry capsule technology removes oil, grease, and hidden dirt.
|Oil Eater Degreaser
|Removes auto grease from any surface
Persil ProClean Liquid Laundry Detergent
When we consider the best detergent for mechanic clothes, we prefer using Persil ProClean Liquid Laundry Detergent. This concentrated formula features enzymes that fight odors, stains and keep your clothes fresh. Since our priority is removing oil and grease stains, we bet you will never be disappointed with this product. Although we missed the original Persil scent, this concentrated version does the job of keeping your clothes fresh.
Overall, it is a must-try laundry detergent for oilfield clothes.
- Excellent for removing oil and grease stains
- Long-lasting freshness
- Tough odor fighting
- Compatible with all types of machines
- It comes with stain-fighting enzymes for deep cleaning
- It lacks the original Persil scent
Permatex Grease X Mechanic’s Laundry Detergent
This laundry detergent is great because it not only runs with a HE washing machine but a regular one as well. This means you can use whichever type of machine you have without worrying about whether it will work.
However, you will have to apply this detergent directly to the stain, which may be time-consuming as you will have to wait for the formula to penetrate through your clothes.
- Eliminates different auto odors
- Repels oil and grease from clothes and washer
- Compatible with both HE and standard washing machines
- You can wash other clothes along with your oil-stained clothes
- It can be time-consuming if you have a lot of stains
Arm & Hammer HE Liquid Laundry Detergent
If fighting grease is your top priority, Arm & Hammer HE Liquid Laundry Detergent is undoubtedly worth considering. This detergent does a commendable job of cleaning oil and grease stains. The formula features special cleansing agents and baking soda, which traps dirt, oil stains, and odors to provide clean and fresh clothes.
It is an excellent laundry detergent that works in any machine. And with a price that brings smiles to most buyers, we couldn’t let this product escape this list.
- It comes with cleansing agents and baking soda
- Removes oil and grease stains with ease
- It works in any machine
- Some users may find the scent weird
Tide Hygienic Clean Heavy 10x Duty Power PODS
Tide detergents are common to most homes because of their impressive quality, and the Tide Power PODS is no different. These heavy-duty pods can remove oil and grease from any clothing. Additionally, you can use this formula with hot, warm, or cold water in HE and standard washing machines.
Although it is not as powerful as industrial cleaners, you will love the results, and the enjoyable laundry scent will keep your clothes fresh for days. Overall, it is the best detergent for oilfield clothes if you do not use commercial cleaners.
- Compatible with both HE and standard machines
- Easy to use
- Works for all types of clothing
- You can use it in any water condition
- Smells good
- Not as powerful as industrial cleaners
Oil Eater Degreaser
If you are looking for a reliable degreaser for your clothes, Oil Eater is worth considering. This product dissolves grease and oil stains, making it effortless for you to wash your clothes.
You can use it to clean carpets, tiles, floors, decks, stoves, and even concrete doorways. Additionally, the product is non-corrosive and non-toxic, making it a safer option for removing oil and grease stains from your clothes and other surfaces.
Overall it is a must-try product for every home and undoubtedly the best degreaser for mechanic clothes.
- Works for all stain types
- Dissolves oil and grease stains with ease
- Non-toxic and eco-friendly
- Removes odor
- Some users may not like the smell
- You cannot pour it directly into the laundry machine
How do you wash oily mechanic clothes?
Here are the steps to wash oil mechanic clothes:
- Cover grease and oil stains with laundry detergent and leave it for some time. You can use a toothbrush if you have stubborn stains.
- Let the detergent penetrate through your clothes.
- Put your clothes in the washing machine and follow the washing instructions provided on the label.
- After washing, allow your clothes to air-dry.
Please Note: If you are using a degreaser, you have to apply the formula first, allow it to settle, and then wash your clothes in the washing machine.
Home Remedies To Remove Oil Stains From Clothes
If you don’t have laundry detergents or degreaser at your disposal, you can employ some home remedies to remove oil and grease stains.
For instance, pouring boiling water over the stain will help break oil or grease bonds. Additionally, you can use a mix of vinegar and water to eliminate oil and grease stains. However, these home remedies are less-effective against stubborn stains, and you will have to use laundry detergents to get your job done.
What is a degreaser?
A degreaser is a cleaning agent used for removing water-insoluble substances like oil and grease. You can use degreasers to clean clothes, tiles, floors, and other surfaces. Apart from domestic cleaning, industries such as automotive, pharmaceutical, and transportation also use degreasers.
How to remove oil odor from clothes?
Here are some of the best ways of removing oil odor from clothes:
- By adding a small quantity of bleach will help your clothes look brighter and remove oil odor.
- By using laundry detergents
- By using distilled white vinegar
- By soaking stained clothes in diluted dish soap
- White vinegar mixed with baking soda can help you remove oil odor from clothes
It might surprise you, but using a can of coke while washing your clothes can break down rigid stain particles and remove oil odor. You can also use cleaning agents, such as Ammonia and Borax, to remove oil odor from clothes.
What’s the best way to clean oilfield clothes?
Like we mentioned earlier, you can clean oilfield clothes using home remedies and industrial methods. However, home remedies may not be ideal for removing stubborn stains, and so the best way to wash oilfield clothes would be by using laundry detergents. These detergents can make your cleaning task effortless and convenient.
Oilfield clothes can give you nightmares while washing if you don’t have the right tools and technique. However, if you know what you’re doing and use the correct product, you can remove oil and grease stains without breaking a sweat.