Shopping at IKEA is fun. Many shoppers love it for its great prices and the variety of furniture you can find there. You can get every type of furniture for your home, including sofa sets, closets, beds, etc.
And one of the best perks of buying & furniture at IKEA is that they are flat packed.
You can fit most of the small and medium-sized furniture on your own. And loading them inside your car won’t be a problem.
However, when it comes to loading the larger pieces, you are left with a dilemma. Many people ask whether IKEA will help you load these heavy items while purchasing from their physical stores.
And that is what we are here to address today.
Will IKEA Put Furniture In My Car?
Buying the furniture you want is the fun part. But when you have to move it down the parking lot and load it inside your car, you begin to worry. And it gets more complex when you’re shopping alone.
You won’t have any difficulties handling the small stuff. The large ones like closets, tables, cabinets, etc., become a problem. So, you are probably wondering at this point whether you should ask the IKEA employees for help.
Would the staff help you load your furniture? Will IKEA help you load your car? The answer to this is both yes and no. It depends on various situations.
- Firstly, you can take a chance and try asking for help. There is a 50-50 chance they will agree to assist you. Look for the ones that are not caught up with any work.
- Secondly, you can ask other shoppers around for help. If they are not busy buying anything, they might agree. However, people might decline in both situations as liability becomes a factor.
Will IKEA Load Boxes For Me?
To make things convenient, IKEA furniture is flat packed. All IKEA items are packed in boxes as most can be disassembled.
But even these boxes get heavy when the time comes to load them in the trunk of your car.
So, does IKEA help load items? Yes, they do if you can communicate well.
To help you with the loading, you can pull up your car at the loading area. Most IKEA stores have them.
There, you will find employees wearing yellow vests who can help you load those heavy boxes inside your vehicle. Many people have said that this technique helps them get the help they want.
How Can I Get IKEA Help Load Items?
There is no rule which states that IKEA employees are prohibited from helping others. However, we need to consider the following:
- If you have friends working at IKEA, you have a better chance of finding help.
- You can walk up to the customer service desk in the store. Once there, you can ask if they can assist with your items. Many customers have had success with this.
- IKEA stores are generally busy during weekends and the busy sales season. But if you visit during weekdays, the store won’t be crowded. Hence, there are better opportunities of seeking help from the employees.
- For instance, you can use their delivery services if you’re buying bulk furniture, like for an office. You will cash in a few extra bucks, but it will be worth the hassle.
Is It Chargeable Or Free?
Most of the time, the co-workers will load your items for free as an act of gesture. You can get away with one or two heavy items.
But if it involves several things, you would be liable to tip them.
But you can join IKEA’S Click & Collect program. Let’s learn about this further below.
What is IKEA’s Click & Collect?
IKEA’s Click & Collect option allows you to collect your orders from their store parking space. Once you order your items, you will drive up to the store and park in your allotted area. There, an IKEA employee will bring you your items.
This is a convenient way to save time and bring in your purchases without problems. And IKEA’s Click & Collect has the following perks.
- You can pay securely using any method of payment.
- Pick up your items whenever you want.
- You have the option to choose your collection slot according to your needs.
How Does Click & Collect Work?
- Once you place your order, choose the “Click & Collect” option during checkout.
- Once it is available at the selected slot, you will receive an SMS or email informing you of every detail.
- Get your vehicle ready and make space for the item you have purchased accordingly. Do not forget your order confirmation and ID proof.
- Once you reach the store, park your vehicle in the permitted slot. The only thing left now is to wait for your order.
So, there you have it. You now know how to get your IKEA items delivered. It’s all about how you approach the employees.
But it also depends on luck. So you’re better off paying extra and getting your items delivered rather than asking for help.