Oxygen-based laundry boosters enhance your standard detergent’s cleaning power and help fight stains from various agents. While many people prefer adding bleach in hot water to combat these problems, Oxygen-based laundry boosters can provide better results.
OxiClean is one of the top choices for many homes as this chlorine-free stain fighter will aid your standard detergent’s cleaning power.
If you want to switch from bleach to OxiClean but don’t know what it will do to your colored clothes, you have landed on the right page. This article will help you understand OxiClean better and provide you with some tips on using it properly.
So without further ado, let’s get started.
Can I Use OxiClean On Colors?
Yes, you can use OxiClean products on colors without compromising their qualities. However, it would be best to perform a patch test and use it as recommended to avoid stains or color fading.
Here’s are some popular variants of OxiClean and whether they are safe on colors or not:
|Type||Can It Be Used On Colors?|
|OxiClean Versatile Stain Remover||Yes|
|OxiClean Odor Blasters||Yes|
|OxiClean Dark Protect||Yes|
|OxiClean Color Boost||Yes|
|OxiClean White Revive||Safe on colorfast fabrics|
How to Use Oxiclean On Colors?
You can use OxiClean for multiple purposes. It can be to remove musty odors, set-in stains, prevent colors from fading, or to keep your clothes looking new for a long time.
In short, OxiClean can help you in more ways than you can imagine.
However, you will have to choose the correct product for the right job. For instance, if you have stains on a dark-colored cloth, you will get better results from OxiClean Dark Protect.
Likewise, you can opt for OxiClean Versatile Stain Remover for general purposes, as it works for all colors.
But should you do a patch test? Although the brand claims that all its products are safe on colors, it would be wise to perform a patch test. It will save you time and effort if something goes wrong.
Here are the steps to perform a patch test with your preferred OxiClean formula:
- Search for an inconspicuous area in the clothing item
- Rinse that portion in a solution containing OxiClean
- Allow the part to dry
- Look for any color-fading signs or stains
If all ends well, you are good to go with your OxiClean product.
Which Oxiclean Formula Should I Go With?
If you have to choose among the best, OxiClean Versatile Stain Remover should be your top choice. This OxiClean formula works on all colors and removes stains with ease. It is undoubtedly one of the top-selling OxiClean products in the market.
Oxiclean Versatile Free Ingredients
OxiClean Versatile Stain Remover contains many ingredients. Here are some of the significant components of this laundry booster:
- Acrylic Acid Homopolymer
- C12-15 Alcoholis Ethoxylated
- Sodium Carbonate
- Sodium Carbonate Peroxide
So what type of clothes can it be used on? As we mentioned earlier, OxiClean Versatile Stain Remover is color-safe, and you can use it on different surfaces.
It is one of the best laundry boosters and can remove stains from any surface. You can use this formula on carpets, furniture, and the kitchen apart from clothes.
Can I Use Oxiclean On Black Clothes?
OxiClean has products specifically designed for dark or black clothes. For instance, the OxiClean Drak Protect (powder or liquid) can help prevent color fading and keep dark colors rich and deep. It also keeps your fabrics smooth and maintains a newer look longer.
However, it would be best to perform a patch test first to ensure your clothes’ safety.
I Used Oxiclean & It Ruined My Clothes – Why?
I see this question get asked frequently.
Although OxiClean is a preferred laundry booster for many homes, users may sometimes encounter situations where OxiClean can leave stains or ruin the color.
Here are the things you need to consider before using OxiClean for cleaning clothes:
- Store Oxiclean in a Cold Environment – When you store OxiClean in humid conditions, it can diminish the quality or ruin the chemical composition of your formula. It may lead to stains or other problems while washing.
- Perform Patch Test – Performing a patch test is crucial to keep your clothes safe. It ensures that the formula does not react negatively and leaves stains instead of cleaning them.
- Do Not Mix – Using OxiClean with other chemicals other than your standard detergent can react differently. It may stain your clothes or fade colors. It would be best to avoid mixing OxiClean with other chemicals to avoid these issues.
- Do Not Dry Clothes Immediately –Drying OxiClean-soaked clothes without washing or rinsing will allow the formula to stay longer in your clothes, which may ruin them. It would be best to rinse your clothes to avoid this problem.
- Use As Per Instructions – Using OxiClean or any other formula as per directions is good. Using OxiClean more than you need may ruin your clothes and result in color loss. It would be best to read the instructions carefully before using OxiClean products.
- Use With Recommended Fabrics Only – While OxiClean may work on different fabrics and surfaces, the brand recommends avoiding some materials. For instance, using OxiClean on fabrics, such as silk, leather, wool, or clothes labeled dry clean can ruin their composition.
Can You Use Oxiclean Powder As Detergent?
Since OxiClean is a laundry booster, you cannot use it as a detergent. It works best when you use it with a standard detergent to boost cleaning and stain removal qualities.
Does Oxiclean Bleach Clothes?
OxiClean is an oxygen-based laundry booster and does not bleach clothes. However, you may find oxygen bleach in it, which is not harmful to your clothes. But as we mentioned earlier, it would be best to use OxiClean products as per the recommended instructions.
Can You Use Oxiclean White Revive On Colors?
Yes, you can use OxiClean White Revive on colors. However, since not all fabrics contain colorfast, you may get varied results. It would be best to perform a patch test and read the instructions before using OxiClean products on your clothes.
Can You Use Arm and Hammer On Colors?
Arm and Hammer OxiClean is a unique product that combines the goodness of a detergent and oxygen-based stain fighter. It is safe on colors and prevents color fading.